At Blue Butterfly Montessori we care for all children between the ages of 3 months to 5 years.
We take the following matters into account when prioritising and deciding on admissions:
- Availability of places, considering deployment of staff: child ratios, the age of the child and any registration requirements
- Children who have siblings already attending are given priority on the waiting list.
- Date of returned and completed Registration Pack (we plan according to the Start Date on a strictly first come first served basis).
- The nursery’s ability to provide the facilities necessary for the welfare of the child, including appropriate staffing arrangements.
- A child requiring a full-time place may have preference over one requiring a part-time place. This is dependent upon work commitments, occupancy, and room availability.
- Any extenuating circumstances affecting the child’s welfare or the welfare of his/her family.
- Staff Discounts for children of employees are subject to availability and financial sustainability of the nursery branch to absorb subsidised places.
We operate an inclusion and equality policy and ensure that all children have access to nursery places and services irrespective of their gender, race, disability, religion or belief or sexual orientation of parents.
Families who would like to register their interest at the nursery will be asked to visit the nursery first to ensure they are happy with the service we provide and the available facilities. If happy to proceed, a Registration Pack will be sent via DocuSign (digitally) and a Registration Form will need to be completed and the corresponding Registration Fee paid (as referred to on our Fee Schedule). The Registration Fee is non- refundable even in the instance that your preferred sessions or start date cannot be offered. Your registration form will be placed on the waiting list according to the preferred start date and in order of when you registered with the nursery.
We aim to offer out places between 6 weeks to 4 months before your preferred start date. Prior to offering a place families will receive a courtesy call to discuss available start dates and sessions. If a verbal offer is made, this will be valid for 48 hours. If accepted, an Acceptance Pack will be sent via DocuSign where parents will be asked to sign a contract and an offer letter alongside providing personal & sensitive data about their child relating to their child. Once ready to submit the pack and acceptance of an offer, a Deposit (referred to in the fee schedule) is payable and this shall not be returnable unless 4 weeks’ notice in writing is provided to the Nursery Manager. The Deposit is not deductible for payment of first or subsequent month’s fees.
An offer (Acceptance Pack) can be deferred once by a maximum of 12 weeks before being put back on the waiting list. At this point your deposit will be refunded.
If the Deposit remains unpaid 10 working days from the Acceptance Pack being sent out, the offer will be withdrawn by the Nursery and the place will be offered to the next family on the Waiting List. If you do not accept the first offer of sessions available but wish to remain on the Waiting List, you will be placed back to the end of the Waiting List queue.
Settle sessions will be communicated via the Acceptance Pack. At Blue Butterfly Montessori we do our best to ensure that children settle in comfortably, we introduce your child into the nursery gradually. This helps children to learn about their new environment and build a sense of trust with the new adults and children that they will meet. The new key person will help them to feel safe and make secure relationships. We require that children attend 4 settle sessions.
- Settle Session 1 (45 minutes)
- Settle Session 2 (2 hours)
- Settle Session 3 (3 hours)
- Settle Session 4 (4 hours)
3+ Nursery Educational Funding (NEF)- Helpful Facts
Blue Butterfly Montessori is registered to accept government funding for three- to five-year-olds (the term after the child turns 3) for either 15 or 30 hours (eligibility dependent) from the local authority, Harrow Council. Those who are eligible for 30-hour funding must attend 5 full day sessions.
- The funding pays for the equivalent of up to 570 hours per year per child (based on 15 hours). Please note that the hourly funded rate is set by the local authority and not the Nursery.
- You can receive 15/30 (depending on eligibility) hours per week, over 38 weeks a year.
- To receive a full term of NEF, children need to be registered and attending during the headcount week.
- Parents need to create a government gateway account to get their 11-digit eligibility code for 30 hours funding which they should then forward to the Management Team via email.
- HMRC helpline- 0300 123 4097
- When can my child start to receive NEF?
The table below shows the earliest term which your child can start nursery based on their date of birth:
|Child turns 3 between||Earliest term eligible|
|1st April to 31st August||Autumn term (starting in September)|
|1st September to 31st December||Spring term (starting in January)|
|1st January to 31st March||Summer term (stating in April)|
Please see below some helpful links on funding
- Nursery Funding for three- and four-year-olds
- 30 hours free childcare: extended entitlement
- Apply for 30 hours free childcare
- 30 Hours Funding Eligibility
Childcare Vouchers & Tax-free Childcare
There is a variety of government support to assist with childcare costs. https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/ presents all the different options available for you to make the right choice for your family needs. At Blue Butterfly Montessori we are registered with most mainstream Childcare Voucher Providers.
Please see below some helpful links on Tax-Free Childcare
- Blue Butterfly Montessori Website- Childcare Vouchers and Tax-free Childcare
- GOV.UK- Childcare Voucher
- GOV.UK- Tax-free Childcare